The IMEAS project is funded under the INTERREG Alpine Space Programme (2nd call).
IMEAS stands for Integrated and Multi-level Energy models for the Alpine Space.
IMEAS was launched in November 2016, its conclusion is expected in December 2019. The activities, coordinated by ENEA, involve 12 partners from 7 Countries, all in common with the will to support the development integrated low carbon policies in the Alpine Region.
The objective of the project is to improve the capacity of Administrations, Agencies and other Institutions to plan integrated and sustainable energy policies, providing them with appropriate operational tools to achieve a efficient energy model within the Alpine Region.
- Integration – The IMEAS approach aims at integrating the use of methodologies and tools to allow for a more consistent representation of energy flows and for comparison of models and data.
- Share – Integrating means first sharing best practices and then creating new ones in order to support public and private entities in building low-carbon, innovative and efficient energy models in the Alpine region.
- Multilevel – IMEAS objectives will be pursued by a team of multdisciplinary technical and territorial partners supported by Observers and stakeholders from several levels and economic sectors. Needs and experiences will be discussed, in order to implement a multi-approach that will enable the correct integration of different paths into a perspective multilevel governance (MLG).
The project will deliver three practical output:
- A white paper describing the stakeholders network model;
- A web platform where content tools and guidelines;
- Integrated maps for the development of an efficient model for low-carbon energy production in IMEAS.
For more information on the IMEAS Project visit our web site.